Gobble, Gobble, Fitness Journey Continues


Happy Thanksgiving!

Who else is flabbergasted that Turkey Day is tomorrow?? My mouth waters as I envision of a table loaded with turkey, potatoes, squash, green bean casserole (not for all, I know) and pies, and is surrounded with friends and family. Much to my dismay, I'm not accompanying Mumsy, Daddy, Barbie & twins as they now travel Pennsylvania to visit with Lynne and Wade. (Insert sobbing emoji). Alas, if the Jeep were working, Ben has to work on Friday, making it impossible for a road trip. But instead of another quiet day at home, though, I'm thrilled we are trekking to Gloucester to share the holiday with Ben's very dear friend and her family. She is a whiz in the kitchen, and I'm quite happy to partake in the fruits of her labor.

I'm also thrilled that there won't be a bevy of leftovers hanging around the house! Especailly the potatoes. I make the WHOLE recipe which calling for five pounds of potatoes, a stick of butter (actually two sticks, but that's craziness so I nixed one) a package of cream cheese, and whole milk (again I use Neufchatel and 1% milk). These potatoes are sooooooo delicious, the leftovers don't even make it until Sunday. I am the only one who eats the green bean casserole, though. And while I eschew using canned soup for cooking in every other instance, this entire casserole comes from cans! I tried making two different version with fresh haricots verts (nothing fancies up a dish quite like using French words, eh?), fresh sauces, and bacon. But they all paled in comparison to the glop topped with French's onions from childhood. Isn't it amazing how much sentiment can influence flavor?

And with no leftovers around, starting the next fitness challenge on Monday will be temptation-free. When I gave thanks in July, my monthly challenge groups was front-and-center for helping me stay positive - it's still true as ever. Now I have taken the next step - getting people to join my team! With Christmas cookie baking right around the corner, I'm so glad to have this fun, supportive group help me focus on my ultimate goal of getting back into my fabulous jeans (yet again) by Christmas - not chow down the cookie dough whilst baking. The group is free, and since it's online, there's no need to leave the house to participate. Just bring your fitness routine, and any wisdom you've acquired on your own journey, or questions you have, and message me!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Xo
Gobble, gobble!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunker Musings II - Pretty Flowers and an AM Yum

Bunker Musings I - Finding Joy and Gratitude

Merry Thanksgivanewyear!