12 Days of Christmas Cookies - Day 3

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! We didn't make it to the Festival of Lights, but they're doing it again this coming weekend, so hopefully we'll make it over there after the Pats take care of the Titans. (Was very happy to see they returned to form for Sunday's game! I had faith.)

Errands, laundry and cleaning with a swing by the salon for a long-overdue shearing of my shaggy head comprised most of the activities this weekend. And baking, of course! True to form, I had a grandiose schedule of six or seven cookie recipes I wanted to prepare. But after the hours shopping, scrubbing and straightening, I took an axe to the list, and settled with two recipes. This was a wise decision all around. Not only is it inadvisable to have 10 dozen cookies just lying around, I would have no baking to keep me busy during the week!

PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS

A Happy Tray!




Peanut Butter Blossoms have been my favorite Christmas cookie since ever. No marriage of flavors is as perfect as that of peanut butter and chocolate. I remember, fondly, unwrapping (and snacking on) the Kisses while Mumsy made the batter. The unwrapping is now passed on to my progeny, and quite a fine job they did - they managed to leave enough kisses to top the cookies. Ahem. The only issue I ever had with these cookies is the dry factor. I tried a couple variations of the cookie recipe lo these many years, including the one on the Hershey Kiss bag. The recipe I share with you today has the solution: no flour. No flour = moist cookies. Isaac and Shiloh were actually helpful in getting balls of batter onto the cookie sheets. I scooped and rolled the dough, Isaac coated it in sugar and Shiloh put them on the tray. Perfect assembly line! Like with the walnut drops, you'll have to preform a soul-probe for your preferred cookie size. I prefer bite-sized Peanut Butter Blossoms, and used a 1/2 tablespoon for scooping. This made about 30 cookies (I'm guessing, I forgot to count. But there were a lot.) I also made note that the batter tasted exactly like Reese's Pieces without the candy shell. 

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

2 cups of creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy Natural, no stir.)
1 1/4 cups of white sugar (plus more for rolling dough balls)
2 eggs   
1 bag of Hershey's Kisses (They come pre-unwrapped as Isaac liked to say, but unwrapping is half the fun!)

WHAT TO DO:

Preheat oven to 350. Pour some sugar into a bowl. Unwrap kisses and put into another bowl.

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Scoop dough, form into a ball, roll in the bowl of sugar, place on cookie tray. Repeat. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Smooch each cookie as soon as you take them out of the oven. Muuuah! 

UP NEXT: BUCHE DE NOEL COOKIES (AKA CHRISTMAS POOPS)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunker Musings II - Pretty Flowers and an AM Yum

Bunker Musings I - Finding Joy and Gratitude

Dear Rachael