Football Sunday Snacks


Ravens v Broncos: Gritty and amazing. While I certainly hope for a good game between my Pats and the Texans, I really don't need to it to be that much of a nail-biter. And is anyone else wondering if that was the game of the year? Will the Super Bowl be as good? Also, Colin Kaepernick is quite impressive! I thought as much when they came to Foxboro, and he impressed me even more against the Packers last night. THIS is football!

For some inexplicable reason, I thought the games today were at the same time as the ones yesterday, and therefore had gads of time to get some recipes together. I don't have as much time as I thought! Here are snacks I'm making for the Seattle/Atlanta game. Normally I prefer to make something before sharing it, but I'm going to take a chance with the Chipotle Black Bean dip, as I trust the source. Visit this blog post for home-made guacamole, spinach and artichoke dip and whole wheat, garlic pita chips. My pita bread is thawing on the counter and If I can procure some ripe avocados, I'll whip up the guacamole. The spinach dip is a definite, though!

Happy, yummy Football Sunday! Go Pats!


Chipotle Black Bean Dip



Tasty Kitchen











Ingredients

  • 2 cans (15 Oz. Size) Low-Sodium Black Beans (Or 3 Cups Cooked Black Beans)
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 whole Lime, Juiced
  • 1 whole Vine-Ripened Tomato, Roughly Chopped
  • 1 clove Garlic, Peeled And Roughly Chopped (1 Large Clove Or 2 Small Cloves)
  • ¼ whole Onion, Roughly Chopped (I Used White But Yellow Or Red Would Work, Too)
  • 2 whole Chipotle Chilies From A Can Of Chilies In Adobo
  • 1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce (Omit For A Milder Dip)
  • ½ teaspoons Cumin
  • ¼ teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • Chopped Cilantro, For Sprinkling
  • Tortilla Chips Or Veggies, For Serving

Preparation Instructions


Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Easy peasy!
This dip keeps in the refrigerator for several days, and will become firmer when cooled.
Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bunker Musings II - Pretty Flowers and an AM Yum

Bunker Musings I - Finding Joy and Gratitude

Merry Thanksgivanewyear!